Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Material Memorie & Star Crushed Minerals

This week I came home to two awesome things that arrived in the mail for me while I was away.

1) Material Memorie Stickers

I wanna stick them on E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G but there aren't enough. All I know is my palettes are gonna look fiiiine. (Star Wars background for added coolness)
And one day I'll have a pair of Material Memorie sunglasses... One day! i_i
Material Memorie are actually so awesome that hey give you these stickers if you send them your address via e-mail! All they want is for you to stick em' on things and make them that bit cooler. <3

2) Star Crushed Minerals Products

Their packages come to my delight and to my boyfriend's horror with star confetti. Being the clumsy person that I am, it always gets all over the house. <3

This is my second purchase of SCM stuff, and this time I went for some foundations as well. I kind of had to trust them on this one, since I couldn't find reviews or swatches of their foundations anywhere online.
I got 10 shadows and 2 foundations.

1.Golden Peach 2.Coral Pink 3.Larkspur 4.Magenta 5.Raspberry 6.Electric Blue 7.Matte Teal 8.Sea Green 9.Moss Green 10.Forest Green 11.Alabaster 12.Creamy Beige
I went for 2 really light shades of foundation (the two that seemed to be the lightest) so I could stop using white eye shadow as a powder when I want to achieve really pale skin. Well, I got what I THOUGHT were the 2 lightest anyway...
I bought Alabaster thinking it would be well... you know... alabaster! But it's actually pretty dark (as you can tell from swatch #11). Now... I don't know if I was given a product with the wrong label on it, but I don't think that's the case. And if that's really not the case, SCM you should consider re-naming this shade! It is very misleading, since Alabaster is usually one of the lightest colours in foundation shades.
(Something that would also be helpful is displaying them on the website in order of lightness/ darkness. Just sayin'.)
I guess I'll have to use Alabaster for some light contouring now or something...

And one weird thing I noticed while swatching is a darker "halo" that appeared around the Creamy Beige foundation. I don't know what that's all about... But I have yet to test the foundations on my skin to see coverage, etc. I'll do a post just for that another day ;)

Despite my disappointment with one of the foundation shades, I'm absolutely in love with all of the eye shadows I bought.
Electric Blue really lives up to its name and is a must-have if you like insanely bright colours. You can't really tell in the picture, but Sea Green has a BEAUTIFUL iridescence to it. So does Golden Peach.

If you want to see the shimmers and glitters properly, I put up a video of the swatches on my Instagram. =]

And to finish off this post, here's the makeup I did the other day for my AMA with the League of Legends Cosplay group using my new SCM shadows!

Here I used Golden Peach in the inner corner & lid, Coral Pink & Raspberry in the socket. Contacts are Super Pinky Violet. Use my Pinky Paradise code (in banner to the right) for a free gift with every contact lens.

No comments: